Menu
hurricane500
Joining in
Message 21 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Re: Advanced Network Error Search - ANGRY!

Yeah, that's waaaaayyyyy to expensive... I mean the virgin service is pretty good, stable and fast, just this interfering DNS and search, compounded by poor customer relations .... When you work in media and web you need to have everything as 'clean' as possible.... hey ho... just keep doing it until it works!

0 Kudos
chenks
Wise owl
Message 22 of 27
Flag for a moderator

i'm assuming that you have a virgin business account? as it seems you are using the connection for business purposes?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 23 of 27
Flag for a moderator

OT: Not necessary if using within the terms and conditions for domestic purpose:

D. Virgin Broadband

8. Internet access is for private use by you and members of your household. It must not be used for any activities not reasonably expected of someone using internet access for domestic purposes, for example whilst a reasonable amount of working from home is expected, your usage should be within what would be reasonably expected from a residential customer and we have no liability for any business losses you may suffer. We have other more appropriate packages such as Homeworks, and for small business use there are services provided for by Virgin Media Business.
0 Kudos
chenks
Wise owl
Message 24 of 27
Flag for a moderator

"for example whilst a reasonable amount of working from home is expected, your usage should be within what would be reasonably expected from a residential customer and we have no liability for any business losses you may suffer"

that's the the important bit.
if you run a business or work permanently from home that you would be outwith that restriction.
0 Kudos
hurricane500
Joining in
Message 25 of 27
Flag for a moderator

No, I work 1-2 days from home, the rest from the office... sometimes I have to upload and download large files from home, and I need that availability to be there, I'm also a photographer and musician so I'm always dealing in large files and higher bandwitdths, so that's why I pay for the fastest I can get ... and this isn't really the point of this thread....

Please could you just let the moderators and virgin staff deal with the problem, if you don't mind, the problem of their advanced networks search error.

That would be appreciated Chenks,

Mat.

0 Kudos
chenks
Wise owl
Message 26 of 27
Flag for a moderator

sorry for having a discussion!!

oh, and FYI, i'm further down the road with this problem than you are, and i can tell you that they will tell you that they will disable it at their end, and it'll make zero difference.

they will then tell you it'll need to be passed to their IT dept, and that'll be a blackhole of nothingness.
so if this is causing you a major issue with the work you do then you'll need to find a workaround for the foreeable. if it's just an annoyance then live with it until "IT" finally work out what the real problem is.
0 Kudos
Moderator (Retired) Ralph_R
Moderator (Retired)
Message 27 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Hi hurricane500,

I've reported the problem with our IT people, I'll drop you an update once we have any news, normally around 3-5 working days.

Kind regards

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos