cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Additional Public IP

stonerja
Joining in

Hi, Support

Can I request or buy an additional public IP subnet? Something like a /29 or if that's not possible a /30?

Thanks in advanced

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

No, VM residential only provide you with one WAN IP address. VM business can provide more. Why do you need it?

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

No, VM residential only provide you with one WAN IP address. VM business can provide more. Why do you need it?

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

I work from home and host a Web server so need the IPs for additional services.

Thanks,

James

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
You can do all that on one WAN IP with a good router
---------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

Yeah this is how I'm doing it currently. Additional IPs is nice for simplicity.

Thanks,
James

When I was  Telewest customer they did offer two. It was a one off payment of £5 and they provided a 10Mb switch to go between your modem and your two devices requiring a public address.

When NTL got their fingers in the pie  they stole that provision without consulting the customers who had bought it.

To answer the question confirm no. I have Haproxy implemented on my firewall. Meaning that instead of port forwarding I reverse proxy by URL. So have multiple back end devices and can add authentication for Internet exposure of devices that do not have such. Plus SSL offloading with a wildcard Lets Encrypt certificate front ending a traditional HTTP back end device.

Use  DDNS A address and cname all your Internet exposed urls.

Hub4/Gig1-> pfSense->Microtik CRS312/CSS326/CRS305->Meshed Asus RT-AX89X
VM Network - Timwilky