Menu
robincarter
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Adding hub3 to network

Hi, I have 4 coax connections into 4 rooms if my home each with its own tvbox, so that each one can run independently. One of them is connected to a Hub 3.0 for broadband. 
so each room can also have its own broadband connection I have purchased an additional Hub 3 and coax splitter but can not get the hub3 to connect to virgin media. How do I do this?

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Adding hub3 to network

You dont - you have bought an expensive door stop. VM will never activate a second Hub on your account - except in exceptional circumstances when you have 2 accounts and two subscriptions at your address and even then that Hub wouldnt be activated they would send you a new one.

You may be able to connect it to the first Hub by ethernet cable and use it as a wireless access point - but as the Hub3 has poor wifi - why on earth would you want to do that. You should get your monies back and get a wireless router or wireless access point or a Mesh system or some ethernet switches to wire in ethernet connections across the property

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Adding hub3 to network

Hubs are property of VM - any that are re-sold are stolen goods, which you are now in possession of

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos