cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Plume to mesh network?

19sparks91
Joining in

I have 2 virgin wifi pods. I have a room beyond the garage (behind two solid walls from the pod). But I do have an ethernet cable running from one of the pods to this room.

When the virgin pods arrived I was disappointed to see they only have one ethernet port and discover they don't do backhaul.

If I buy a Plume SuperPod (which does have two ports and support backhaul) and place it in this room connected via ethernet to a Virgin pod, will it become part of the mesh network? 

Unless it does mesh, I am worried I can just pick up a smidge of pod wifi and therefore devices wouldn't automatically switch to the Plume SuperPod.

Any advice appreciated 

1 REPLY 1

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
No. Only Pods supplied by VM will ever be activated onto their network.

Best bet is to extend that ethernet cabling from the distant room but not to a pod, but to one of the Hub's ethernet ports and then attach your own wireless access point in the far away place

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.