cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adapter from rj45 to RF

Goodomens
Joining in

I really hate my hub 3.0 always lost WiFi connection to my devices. That's why I want change this hub 3.0 to tplink WiFi router. What I can do with rj45 connector? Can I buy adapter or it doesn't work?

4 REPLIES 4

Client62
Hero

Your options include ...

1) Hub 3 in Router mode + 1 or more WiFi access points   ( this works very well for us )

2) Hub 3 in Modem mode + 3rd party WiFi Router or + Wireless Mesh system.

gitty
Fibre optic
The adapter is the DOCSIS modem inside the hub. VM has the power to control which modems can be used on their network. If they only allow their own, you cannot buy something yourself. Your options then become what Client62 said.

Yep tnx I already make like he say. But after one week my hub dead. Now he are to hot and I can't go to settings. Tomorrow I will call to VM ....

Hi @Goodomens 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I am sorry for the broadband issues. 

You are affected by an SNR issue (signal to noise ratio). The fault number is F010497740.

The estimated fix date is the 9th March at 11.10AM. Please do monitor the connection after this date and report back any issues. We'll be more than happy to help.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill