cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access denied on this server

Pagan381
Tuning in

Hi all I am getting access denied on this server when connecting to eBay and a few other sites how can this be fixed

No antivirus only what is within win 10 total reset on pc and router tried WiFi and ethernet laptop and mobile I can connect outside my network but as soon as I connect with my network it is access denied on this server

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

sophist
Trouble shooter

check your IPs reputation score at https://www.akamai.com/us/en/clientrep-lookup

suspect that it's because they have you down as a threat / poor reputation - you can request that this be reviewed at the same link.  

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

Sorry to hear this Pagan381,

Our team will be in touch as soon as the issue has been resolved.

Hopefully this won't take our team too long to fix

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

14 REPLIES 14

sophist
Trouble shooter

check your IPs reputation score at https://www.akamai.com/us/en/clientrep-lookup

suspect that it's because they have you down as a threat / poor reputation - you can request that this be reviewed at the same link.  

I'm sorry I do not understand who has me as a threat virgin media??

@Pagan381 wrote:

I'm sorry I do not understand who has me as a threat virgin media??

No, Akamai.

Did you check your reputation score? what did it come back with? if it came back with a poor reputation then it's nothing to do with VM. I could be that your public IP address has recently changed (it happens from time to time) and you've inherited an IP address from a different user who was either up to no good or had a malware-ridden network or did something else to trigger the lower reputation.. 

whatever the reason, if the reputation is poor, only Akamai can resolve it. 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
The other thing to check is... in your "online account" look in the "My Apps" tab and go to "Childsafe" If that is turned on - turn it off - as it blocks access to some sites (shouldnt block eBay though) like messaging, betting, etc - see if that resolves it. If not you can always put it back on.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

After an awfully long time I have some sort of an answer it is a problem at virgin they have engineers working on it but no time frame for a fix 

Shocking service from a major company

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Pagan381 wrote:

After an awfully long time I have some sort of an answer it is a problem at virgin they have engineers working on it but no time frame for a fix 

Shocking service from a major company

That sounds like an excuse to get you off the phone 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Sorry to hear this Pagan381,

Our team will be in touch as soon as the issue has been resolved.

Hopefully this won't take our team too long to fix

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Similar problems for me so please post when resolved.

Unable so far to access

tesco.com

ikea

very.co.uk

@Lindamac31 wrote:

Similar problems for me so please post when resolved.

Unable so far to access

tesco.com

ikea

very.co.uk

You'd be better starting your own thread!! - That way VM can get a better picture of who is affected!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7