cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access Problem

TaylanMansfield
Joining in

We have a serious problem with network recently and it has been going on oftenly 

we are not able to get a good net service although continue to pay monthly 

Taylan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
In that case, call it in on 150 (VM Phone - free) or 0345 454 1111 (any other phone - national rate) or a VM person will respond here in a few days

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
What are the issues exactly?

Have you checked first for “known network faults”

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks John

i tried to fixed with check all settings however could not do it. I actually don’t have any idea. It might caused by Hub device. I’ve been using the Virgin Media as a provider for 7 months and I used to satisfied using and did not trouble with access till recent but it is occurred these kind of errors 1 months and going on

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Are the issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check on one connected on ethernet to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection related?

What Hub model is it and what are the various Hub lights showing/doing when this happens?

--------------------
John
--------------------

Hub 3.0 model. 
 only evident on WiFi connection. 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
If you are sure that it is a wifi only issue and ethernet connections are fine......

.... then on a Hub3, you can try separating the SSID's of the 2.4 and 5 GHz wifi bands by renaming them in the settings and at the same time switch off "channel optimisation" apply and save the settings. All wifi devices will need reconnecting to the best SSID at each location. Also use a wifi scanning App to find the best wifi channels to use (just select and use channels 1,6,11 on 2.4GHz) - this often helps Hub3 users get better wifi performance - but its still no substitute for getting better kit 🙂

To address the wifi, VM now supply “wifi Pods” (not “boosters”). Pods are free to customers on 1GB or Ultimate Oomph packages - is that you? If not you will be charged £5/month. Its a simple solution and should work for you. However, you would soon pay off that cost by buying a "better" wireless solution that will be yours to own and use forever but it isn’t the simple plug and play option of the Pod(s).

Get either a…
(1) Mesh System, (2) Wireless router, (3) Wireless access point (4) A combination of (2) & (3).

--------------------
John
--------------------

mate , you’re really brainiac. But the problem is that I am not capable enoughly, in case of apply these steps then I’m sure it would’ve been work properly:). im paying to virgin media for the using this network so that i expect to get it handled by provider

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
In that case, call it in on 150 (VM Phone - free) or 0345 454 1111 (any other phone - national rate) or a VM person will respond here in a few days

--------------------
John
--------------------

That’s brilliant, I will call them 

I’m grateful for your assistance 

Thanks John for taking your time 

🙂

Hi TaylanMansfield,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear you are having connection issues, I have had a look at things your end and cannot see any issues at all, all your levels are where expected.

As you have advised it seems to be WIFI devices you are having issues with you can look into our Intelligent WIFI with the Pods you can ensure the whole property will have a perfect WIFI connection, you can find out more here.

Regards

Paul.