Menu
Cah2608
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Access Denied message

I’ve linked my hub 3 up today. It shows that I have access denied when I go to service status I’ve spent two hours on the phone to virgin before I lost the connection I still have no idea what the next steps are I’ve tried every option on the website to no avail.

is there a way of speaking to virgin without sitting on hold for such a long time?

is this a fault that requires the engineer to come out?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Access Denied message

Is this a new install or just a Hub swap?

What are the lights on it showing doing?

Did you try the equipment activation line to see if had been pre-activated. 0800 953 9500 – you will need the serial number off the barcode sticker and also your account number. Call now but at 08.00 (Mon-Sat) or 09.00 (Sun) for the best chance of getting through quickly.

Just leave it on as it can take a few hours for a signal to come through - but do check on the number

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Cah2608
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

thanks for replying

Is the new installation one of the self installations

Solid Wi-Fi light but flashing power light I’ve done all the checks the reboots et cetera that the website suggests been on the phone to virgin for two hours before they cut me off just before telling me that everything was fine it is now showing that the service is activated but the lights are still flashing.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Its either not activated properly yet - try the activation number again at 08.00 - or there is an undocumented fault on the connection - they never check that for self installs as >95% of the time it was all OK for the previous occupant. Either way only VM can sort it so be persisitent

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos