cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access Denied - You don't have permission to access

ajd1971
On our wavelength

Hi,

Hoping someone can assist? I have Virgin Media broadband, I'm try to access the Sky Sports app, when I click on login I receive the following message

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://skyid.sky.com/AK_PM_VPATH0/" on this server.

Reference #18.e603fd3e.1604352005.421a7a6

I use Norton360 as my AV, I've tried the following steps in an attempt to resolve this issue

Disabled Norton360 / Disabled Firewall

Cleared cookies / cache

Tried different browsers

Reset my WiFi connection

Rebooted the Virgin Hub (multiple times)

Released and renewed my IP address

This does seem like a Virgin issue as I'm able to access the app via my phone on the EE network, but as soon as I connect my phone my Virgin WiFi I get the same error message I get on my laptop

Any idea??

Many Thanks

29 REPLIES 29

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are you logging in using the VM icon, as per the screenshot below?

sky sports ios/android app log insky sports ios/android app log in

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

ajd1971
On our wavelength
I dont even get that far, as soon as I click login (then it should display the page you've highlighted) I get the error message

Access Denied
You don't have permission to access "http://skyid.sky.com/AK_PM_VPATH0/" on this server.
Reference #18.d703fd3e.1604402070.3e0498d

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hello

That error is actually coming from the sky webpage and you external IP has been blocked by Sky and only they can remove that block.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

OK, thanks
hahaha, I just tried to access the Sky community page
https://skyid.sky.com/community
And get the same error message

Great......................

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

have you tried https://helpforum.sky.com/ ?

You don't need to register or sign in unless you want to create a post.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ajd1971 wrote:

Yep, tired incognito, same issue

The IP result is interesting, when I run ipconfig from a command prompt I get the following

Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection* 1:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :

Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection* 2:

Wireless LAN adapter WiFi:

Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : [Removed]
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : [Removed]
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1

Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection:

But when I go to https://whatismyipaddress.com/

It reports back the following

IPv4: 

[Removed]

IPv6: 

Not detected

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

did the @ModTeam really just remove a private IP address. Clearly networking is not a strong point among the VM mods 🙂

marioc
Joining in

Hi, I am having the same frustrating issue!! Tried phoning SKY a few times, but not getting very far (as I'm no longer a customer!) ... Did you manage to get a solution??

ajd1971
On our wavelength
Hi marioc, I never did find a solution. But I no longer have the issue, it seemed to self resolve.... Had it on and off for a few days, then as if by magic I no longer received the error message and was able to sign in with no issues, sorry I can't be more help. Good luck... If you do get through to Sky would be good to know what the issue is / was. A few people have mentioned about IP addresses being blocked??

Hi all

Did anyone find a solution to this problem?

Has just happened to me, iphone and ipad that worked for years suddenly now have this issue when i click to log on. Do not even get to the ‘sky’ or ‘virgin’ customer option via apps, also, same problem on sky websites. I’ve only noticed this since i’m not connected to my home virgin broadband ie 4G and another external network. 

Many suggestions? 

Hi Paul,  No actual solution found ... but I have to echo what 'ajd1971' reported ... In that for me also, after a couple of days it suddenly started working again!!  I did actually speak to SKY a couple of times, but the only solution they could offer, was that will pass the error on to the 'Back Office' team, who will try and reset the account! I don't know if this is just a way of getting you off the line (especially as I'm not a SKY customer anymore!!), or if they actually did do something to restore the connection ? I think I now probably need to start to think about moving away from SKY/Yahoo, and migrating to GMail or Outlook .. 

One temporary workaround I did find (which I think has also been previously mentioned), is if you turn off the WiFi on your phone and connect via your service provider's 4G/5G, you will find that Sky/Yahoo mail will work !! 

Hope this helps ..