cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Absurd latency after 5pm everyday now since november.

mynameisjack121
Joining in

I've had a BQM set up since November last year and if I could show you every day since then I would, the results are all the same. I would like to know how to fix this, as the Internet is unsable while gaming during these hours where the graph spikes. Also the WiFi from the hub becomes worse too. Is it possible an engineer could diagnose these issues?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

Client62
Hero

Perhaps that is all the neighbours kids home from school and now running endless packet loss and speed tests on their games consoles and computers.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

What do you need to know? 

There are too many users connected to your local part of the network, all logging on to play games and stream video, and it's struggling to cope.

Your neighbours who are also playing games will be suffering the same problems, and probably blaming you  🙂

As for the WiFi in the evening, do you have family coming home and sharing it? 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @mynameisjack121 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sorry for the issues with the broadband. I have done a system check and filled in a congestion form to our networks team to investigate this. They'll report back asap. Any updates I will let you know.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill