Menu
OwenFurley
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Abismal internet 24/7

For the past 2 months I have been experiencing worse than poor internet speeds. 6mb from the 300mb box. I cannot play online games at all as it rubber bands and causes speed up lag which severely impacts how I play. I disconnect from parties and lose connection to servers every 20 minutes. I have had the same problems with virgin since my household joined and am thinking of leaving 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Abismal internet 24/7

@OwenFurley wrote:

For the past 2 months I have been experiencing worse than poor internet speeds. 6mb from the 300mb box. I cannot play online games at all as it rubber bands and causes speed up lag which severely impacts how I play. I disconnect from parties and lose connection to servers every 20 minutes. I have had the same problems with virgin since my household joined and am thinking of leaving 

OK lets see if we can help a bit.  How long have you had the service - I assume it is recent and that you have a Hub3?    Are your speed tests run on the wifi or on ethernet cable, connected devices?   Do the disconnects affect both wifi and cabled devices at the same time ?  You are aware of the Hub3 Puma6 chipset issue for gamers - that is supposed to be improved by the ...608 firmware update - are you on that one or still on ...603 ?  In the Hub3 settings, is the smart wifi channel optimisation enabled or disabled ? Have the SSID's of the 2.4 & 5 GHz networks been renamed ?

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Moderator (Retired) Ty_S
Moderator (Retired)
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Abismal internet 24/7

Hi OwenFurley

I’m really sorry to hear of the slow speeds you have been experiencing that's interfering with your gaming.
Are you still experiencing any issues with the speed? If so are you connected wired or wireless?
Speak soon 
Ty

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos