cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS RT-AC85P - Super Hub 3 Issue

chompy158
Joining in

Hi, hoping someone can help me out.

I got an ASUS RT-AC85P and set it up with my Superhub 3 in modem mode and so far have been having issues with connectivity. The wifi speed is so much better than the Super Hub 3 along with a faster and easier to use control panel but it seems that the broadband signal cuts out around every 10 minutes. These cutouts happen both on wifi and wired connections but they do not effect the wired connection as bad as the wifi. I do not notice the cut-outs when playing games or browsing on my wired PC but i have automated bots running on a wired raspberry pi which report the cut-outs to me in the console. On wireless connections, the cut-outs happen and cause whatever content im looking at to buffer or not load for about 30secs-1 min at a time.

Have tried a pin-hole 60 second reset and restarted router etc. but cant seem to fix the issue. The super hub has had an issue with it resetting its network name and password randomly which is why I turned it to a modem and got a 3rd party router but now im facing these cut-outs.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Screenshot_1.png

(attached a screenshot of one of the bots a run reporting cut-outs)

19 REPLIES 19

Hi Laurie,

The engineer said it could have been loads of different problems but he said he would try a fix and told me to monitor it for the next week.

I've been dealing with this issue for a very long time and its really frustrating as no one around me seems to be having these problems at all. Constant complaints from the family as they are using the internet at all hours and they want me to change provider, whenever i ring up I'm just sent a new router (which I've had 8 of in the past year). I rely on my bots to run 24/7 and are constantly interrupted by outages which can be seen on the graph i posted above

Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi chompy158,

I can completely understand your frustration. Would you be able to monitor for the next few days as the engineer recommended? If there's no change, I'll take another look and see what else we can do for you.

Thanks for your patience with this

Laurie_C
Forum Team

Hi Laurie,

From the monitor that i set up, we are having dropouts every day where the connection is completely gone, its really frustrating that we cannot just have uninterrupted service for at least 24 hours, especially for the price we are currently paying for it and none of it has ever been refunded for the issues.

Hi @chomspy158 

I've read through this thread just so I'm up to date and I can understand why you are feeling so frustrated. 

As this has been ongoing through out the weekend and I understand that this causing you a lot of issues, I have booked another engineer out for you. I have made a note on this appointment as well to say that the previous engineer had advised to monitor and get back in touch should they issues continue. 

You can view this appointment by logging into your My Virgin Media App or by logging in online here. You can also reschedule the appointment should the allocated time not work for you. 

Please let me know how things are looking after the appointment. 

thought I'd revive this post.

engineer came out and gave us the new super hub 4, uptime has improved slightly as I get the occasional day of 24 hours of uninterrupted service. few weeks after its gone back to the usual issues.... really not happy and started getting quotes from other providers at this point is its getting ridiculous.

Considering that I pay over £100 a month for this service and I've never received any refunds for downtime from the "automated system", its becoming a joke. Dropouts seem to be every other day and it interrupts everything

chompy158_0-1623511980799.png

@chompy158 wrote:

thought I'd revive this post.

engineer came out and gave us the new super hub 4, uptime has improved slightly as I get the occasional day of 24 hours of uninterrupted service. few weeks after its gone back to the usual issues.... really not happy and started getting quotes from other providers at this point is its getting ridiculous.

Considering that I pay over £100 a month for this service and I've never received any refunds for downtime from the "automated system", its becoming a joke. Dropouts seem to be every other day and it interrupts everything

chompy158_0-1623511980799.png

Post the Network, Upstream and Downstream logs from the hubs admin pages back here as text 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

Hi chompy158, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that these issues have returned. 

Checking the stats on your Hub, it looks as though your downstream power levels are a little on the low side. I'd like to arrange an engineer to come out to adjust the levels and tis will hopefully resolve things for you then. 

I just need to confirm the address to ensure we are booking the visit on the correct account. I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi chompsy158,

Thanks for coming back to me on this one via private message.

I have booked you in for the next available appointment. We cannot confirm the appointment time slot publicly, so to view this please sign in to My Virgin Media here: My VM

If the appointment is unsuitable or if anyone living at your property has tested positive for Coronavirus, has been asked to self-isolate or has flu-like symptoms then please reschedule the appointment on the same link. 

Lets us know how the appointment goes. 

Take care.

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hey chompy,

Can you tell us what happened after 5 engineers and 10 router replacements? Did you ever get sorted?

Cheers

revisiting this post after a long time! i did get it sorted since the engineer visited all that time ago, issue seems to be back now all of a sudden hence making a new post