Menu
LC32
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

AREA 15 down?

So I’ve been with virgin less than a month and this is the second time I’ve lost all the internet and tv, went down about 11.15pm is anyone else experiencing this? Really thinking wether to get them to cancel my contract, twice now within weeks is not acceptable especially this time of year when it’s needed for working from home :/

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: AREA 15 down?

Hi LC32

I appreciate you getting in touch about the issues at the time of your post with the are fault.

I am sorry to hear this impacted you.

It has been resolved since you posted but if you do still have issues affecting you please let us know as I've run some checks and everything seems fine now.

It is a residential account we provide to you and though may use it for business purposes we are unable to look at business impacts when there is an issue so my apologies about that.

Take care.

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
ozgurcan
Dialled in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

theres still packet loss issues in area 15 could you check to see an fix date maybe? its been more than 3 weeks now

Jay429
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Still same issue for me in area 15. Can confirm not fixed.
0 Kudos
ozgurcan
Dialled in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
flexipaul
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Please explain to everyone exactly what you're checking because I can tell you this situation is not resolved and far from it, and you wonder why people get infuriated with Virgin when you post absolute rubbish in response, if you could actually run tests you would see that the packet loss is chronic from N1 to n7 to e8 we have all the BQM's being posted daily, so I would advise not to post lies in the future, you sound like a character from the tv (computer says no) ridiculous, anyone reading this, don't waste your time listening to this one, she doesn't have a clue.

Tudor
Superstar
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It’s near useless to just say area 15, it’s large and certainly not everyone is affected, I’m not and I’m in area 15. Far better to post the first part of your post code and the 1st digit of the second part. I’m in EN4 0.

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal
0 Kudos
TeeOh
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Same issue here -- been happening since Dec 21st early in the afternoon. Constant packet loss, ping spikes and disconnects, and all Virgin do is take you through the standard troubleshooting with no interest in actually helping. Even the forum moderators acknowledge it's an issue, but the service status still says that all is OK. 

For those of you in a Hyperoptic coverage area, I highly suggest you consider switching: https://www.hyperoptic.com 

Reliable service and don't ignore customers when there's a problem. Up to 1Gbps fibre connections.

0 Kudos