cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ANOTHER RED LIGHT HUB

axxeman
Tuning in

Hello Forum, my old Virgin Hub 3 has gone into the solid red light on the front when it should, of course, be white.  I turn mine off every night and every time I leave the house but it has gone bad and no amount of on and off etc is making a scrap of difference.

How do I get a replacement please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If the red light persists after a power cycle, the Hub needs replaced.  The red LED is an overheat warning and should be working properly as it's a fire risk otherwise.

If you wait here a day or two a VM Mod will pick this up and should arrange a technician to swap it out.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If the red light persists after a power cycle, the Hub needs replaced.  The red LED is an overheat warning and should be working properly as it's a fire risk otherwise.

If you wait here a day or two a VM Mod will pick this up and should arrange a technician to swap it out.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Yes, it's still come back on this morning and when I turned it off last night, before bed, it was pretty warm to the touch and, yes, it's not boxed in and gets plenty of air where it's situated.  It's done a good few years so probably some components have reached the end of their life (or will very soon!)

Also, last time I had a problem, VM posted out a new hub and I fitted it myself.  Saved waiting for a bod to turn up.

Thanks.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM will contact you shortly. All hub replacements now need a technician's visit.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Hi axxeman,

Thank you for reaching back out, we will need to arrange a technician to check everything and swap out the Router if needed, I will send you an invite into a private chat, once received please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul. 

Hi axxeman,

Thanks for joining me in a private chat, as advised I have now arranged a technician for the next available slot, if you need to either reschedule
 or cancel the appointment for any reason, this can be done Via your Online Account.

If you need any further help, please do not hesitate to reach back out.

Regards

Paul.

Yes, please revisit our private chat thread as I just replied about the appointment booking.

Thanks.

Good morning @axxeman

Thanks for coming back to us. I can see from a system check you've managed to change the visit date 🙂

There will be no charge for this visit unless:
• The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for
The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account. 
Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.
If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment
Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill