cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7 days intermittent connectivity after upgrading to volt350.

Skhan112
Tuning in

Hi,

Senior IT tech background here.

Having issues with my Hub 3 where every night for the last 7 days we lose connection intermittently.

when the issue happens:

-white light on the hub

- Can’t ping the hub, rebooting does not always resolve the issue

- sometimes the hub is not performing DHCP but when statically assigning a lan IP on a pc, no ping to the hub.

- issues occur even with a wired connection to the hub with no other switches etc connected

logs show warnings of RCS Partial service

I’ve corrected the MTU because it was set too high from 1500 to 1470.

issue started after upgrading to 350 volt package but unsure if this is related. Heard the cpu on the hub is weak. I don’t have a router at the moment to test in modem only mode.

something else that’s frustrating is that when i try to log with virgin media they blame the Wireless ssid’s being turned off but this is unrelated- i don’t use the built in wifi but use my own mesh setup.

anything I can do here or do i have to wait For to do something about it? I think it’s hub related so tempted to try another router.. but don’t want to buy one unless I need to.

11 REPLIES 11

Thanks for coming back to us @Skhan112 and I'm sorry that you have had to fix the issues yourself. I would be happy to take a further look into the billing side of things for you but would need to confirm a few details over via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.

Regards,

Steven_L

Pm'ed you.