cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6 week outage - Virgin tell me it has now been fixed but internet still dropping regularly.

Onevision
On our wavelength

Hey,

Me and my neighbours had a 6 week outage which was recorded by Virgin (F009964951). During this time the internet would cut out completely multiple times a day and a hub reset would get it back for a few hours until it dropped again...

Virgin kept telling me that it would be fixed in 3 days time and when that date arrived they would push it out once more and so on... I was finally told that the network issue was fixed and the outage reference closed down but the issues are still ongoing for me and my neighbours exactly as before.

I have set up a broadband quality monitor and you can see the issues and where it has cut out.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/557d3d15b3c0bce67b74470dd812b468c9ae2606

Can someone from Virgin please help? Customer services have not been able to provide any assistance at all and just tell me and my neighbours that the issue is resolved and we should reset out equipment... I have had engineers out who confirm that our kit is fine and that it's a local area issue.

Many thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Check again on...

1) Try the “check service,”Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum)

2) Then also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to street cab/ postcode level.

See if anything is still being reported on one of them

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks John,

Unfortunately both still say that there are no issues in my area. It said that the entire duration of the recorded outage as well unfortunately. The only way I was able to get updates was by calling support or quoting the reference included above via web chat.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
I have asked VM to comment on here

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Onevision

Good afternoon and thank you for posting on our community forum.

Sorry to hear about the issue regarding your broadband, I am going to drop you a private message now to collect some more information so we can look at having this resolved for you.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs