cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5ghz switch off

Huckle1
Tuning in

Hi

I am trying to switch off the 5ghz on my Hub 3, I can do it but after a day it automatically switches back on, I wish to only have 2.4ghz running and not both as 2.4ghz is better than the 5ghz for a lot of my units, especially my Ring Doorbell.

Can anyone help or show me how to switch the 5ghz off without it switching back on again.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sounds like "Intelligent Wi-Fi Plus" has been activated on your account, it should show on your bills. When Virgin have added this, it does not matter what changes you make - it will always revert back to the auto settings 😞

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try turning off smart/intelligent WiFi.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Huckle1
Tuning in

How do I permanently switch off the 5ghz on my Hub 3, as I try to disable it but it keeps coming back in on its own....

cje85
Trouble shooter

It will keep coming back due to the bug in the firmware, but there's honestly no need to turn it off. It provides far better WiFi speeds, but if for some reason you don't want that, just stick to the 2.4Ghz band. 

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It will possibly stay off if you turn off smart/intelligent WiFi. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Huckle1,

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to our community, sorry to hear you have been facing issues with 5G on the Router being off, did you try what Tudor advise, how are things now?

Regards

Paul.

No, as I need to have the 5ghz switched off altogether....and no one seems to know how.

yes I know, but cant switch off 5ghz and thats the point, as all I want running is 2,4ghz not together....

Sounds like "Intelligent Wi-Fi Plus" has been activated on your account, it should show on your bills. When Virgin have added this, it does not matter what changes you make - it will always revert back to the auto settings 😞

This is where it would usually show on your bills

Screenshot_20211124-131515.jpg