Menu
RBowes
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

5ghz keeps needing reetting

I am having issues with the 5ghz side of my wifi. I have 3 deviced that constantly will not connect unless i reset the router, all use the 5ghz frequency. Is this a modem issue ? All 3 devices are within 4 meters of the modem.modem is high up in tje room away from tv's etc. I have attached logs.

Tai

Screenshot_20210124-231023_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20210124-231017_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20210124-231031_Samsung Internet.jpg

0 Kudos
g0akc
Well-informed
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: 5ghz keeps needing reetting

I find the pics you've attached difficult to view, but I can't see anything obvious in them.

Are wired and 2.4GHz connections OK?

What devices are they?

Have you split the two Wi-Fi bands?  I'm guessing you have as you're specifically mentioning 5GHz issues.

• Scan your Wi-Fi environment with a suitable app or inSSIDer to see if there are any interfering signals (less likely but still possible on 5GHz)
  • Try changing the Wi-Fi channel
  • Check the devices have all updates including Wi-Fi drivers

What sort of 'reset' have you performed - ensure you do a full factory reset.

It could be a bug with the router.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!
0 Kudos
RBowes
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: 5ghz keeps needing reetting

Hi devices are a gaming pc & 2 x 4k firesticks, i did a factory reset. Wired and 2.4 ghz all ok .I will try changing the channel thankyou

0 Kudos