cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5X hub extender

Boris55
Joining in

What is the best wifi extender to use on the 5X hub?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
The "best" way to extend the wifi signal around your property is to run a Cat6a ethernet cable from one of the Hub ports and plug it into a good Wireless access point where needed.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
The "best" way to extend the wifi signal around your property is to run a Cat6a ethernet cable from one of the Hub ports and plug it into a good Wireless access point where needed.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

But what are the best wireless access points?

Hundreds of decent products are available to suit every indoor / outdoor situation

https://www.broadbandbuyer.com/store/wifi-access-points/

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Whats your budget?
Stick to the mainstream makers - Netgear/TP-Link/Linksys/Ubiquiti/Asus).
How big is the property (castle?3-bed semi? bedsit?) and what is its construction (thick stone walls,?iron rich Victorian red brick,? modern materials?)
Any outdoor or annexe coverage needed?
Can you run ethernet cable easily - if not look - at a Mesh system?

--------------------
John
--------------------