cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5Ghz Network not working

catrinaduffy2
Tuning in

Hi I am having issues with the 5ghz network on my Super Hub 3.

I am renamed my networks so I know which is 2g and 5g, however recently the 5g network will constantly drop internet connectivity. The 2g network stays connected to the internet but will sometimes see drops from the internet.

We have also been having an issue with our Hub since we got it where whenever the hub loses power for whatever reason it factory resets and I have to go back in and change the network SSID's and passwords, every single time. Not sure these are related but still very annoying.

Anyone know anyway to solve these issues?

Thanks in advance!

25 REPLIES 25

Hi,

I'm having the same problems with my 5G connection. I did a complete factory reset over the weekend and for a day or so all was good but it's stopped working completely again. I'm now restricted to 2.4 and the lower speed that functions at. I really would like to get back to 5G.

Kyle

Hi kyle62,
Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear you are having issues with your 5g connection on the Router, I have tried to locate your account with the details we have for you however I wasn't able, which Router do you have, and how did you reset it?

Regards

Paul.

145ah
On our wavelength

i am having same issue my 5g connection on the Hub 3.0 Router not working only the 2g is working its been over 8 weeks try phoning virgin there say nothing wrong with our end and there don't understand i am on virgin media priority list because my needs and been a customer over 20 year WHAT A LET DOWN FROM VIRGIN MEDIA

Hi 145ah,

Thank you for your post.

I'm sorry to hear you've also been unable to connect to your 5Ghz network. Just to confirm, are both your WiFi bands currently split in 5ghz and 2.4ghz?

Can you please try performing a factory reset on your hub for us if one hasn't already been tried? You'll just need to stick a pin into the pinhole at the back of the hub for at least 30 seconds. Once this has been done, you'll have to resplit the bands within your Hub settings to have both networks.

Let me know how you get on

Beth

145ah
On our wavelength

when i log in to the hub i can see the both are WiFi bands currently split in 5ghz and 2.4ghz and ticked i did a factory reset about 4 weeks a go the 5ghz and 2.4ghz worked for one day then when back to only 2.4ghz

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @145ah

Thanks for getting back to us, I'm sorry to hear the 5Ghz still isn't working for you. I have ran diagnostics on our systems and identified that your WiFi quality could be improved by using Intelligent WiFi Pods. Intelligent WiFi Pods work with the Hub’s wireless network to help increase the WiFi signal within the home which helps eliminate WiFi blackspots and provides an improved overall wireless connection.

Customers with a Hub 3 or Hub 4 on our Ultimate Oomph package, Gig 1 Fibre package or any Volt bundle can have Intelligent WiFi Plus free of charge. Customers not on our Ultimate Oomph package or Gig 1 Fibre package will need to pay a monthly fee of £5 for Intelligent WiFi Plus. 

If you would like me to order a Pod for you, please let me know.

Best wishes,

Serena