Menu
Haybasha
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

5GHz wifi range getting worse with time

Over the last 6 months or so my 5GHz wifi range is getting worse to the point it can no longer reach parts of my house that it has without issue since joining VM some years ago.

Tried all the usual stuff, changing channels etc. and nothing has made a difference, anyone else have this issue and more to the point does anyone have a solution as I just do not have the desk space to put my own router in with the SH3 in modem mode?

Nothing has changed in my own home, or with my neighbours that a wifi scanner can pick up, just wondering if my SH3 is the issue and it's getting worse with age or perhaps a firmware update at some point has degraded the 5GHz?

0 Kudos
Tudor
Hero
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: 5GHz wifi range getting worse with time

Try turning off smart WiFi in the Hub3.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Haybasha
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for replying but it's already off, I prefer to periodically scan and change channels manually anyway.

0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Cheap wireless hardware in the hub so have a go at saying its faulty to get another hub.

0 Kudos