Menu
timholes
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

5G WiFi password

We have a SuperHub 2ac which broadcasts a 2g and a 5g WiFi signal, both of which we have always been able to connect to. We have not changed any passwords but recently we are unable to connect to 5g because of “incorrect password”. We can still connect to 2g with the same password. Why is this?!

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Legend
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: 5G WiFi password

@timholes wrote:

We have a SuperHub 2ac which broadcasts a 2g and a 5g WiFi signal, both of which we have always been able to connect to. We have not changed any passwords but recently we are unable to connect to 5g because of “incorrect password”. We can still connect to 2g with the same password. Why is this?!

I dont know if this is the problem as you have a 2ac, but I have been told that the SH2 has a problem that it can revert the wifi to WEP without warning.  If that happens then "incorrect password" would be a predicted outcome.  Try accessing the Hub settings and check to see if that has happened and change it back if it has.  Failing that, a pinhole reset to "factory" should help.  Or best of all, stick it in modem mode and hook up your own good quality" wifi router or access point.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Emma_E
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: 5G WiFi password

Hi timholes, 

Thanks for getting in touch, I am sorry to see you have had trouble with your connection. Things seem ok from this side.

Did the information jbrennand gave you help you to get things sorted? 

If you are still having trouble elt us know and we will take a look for you. 

All the best

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos