Menu
Highlighted
mancgirl
Tuning in
Message 1 of 20
Flag for a moderator

5G Broadband keeps dropping out

Hi,

After some advice - the 5g broadband keeps dropping out, 2g seems stable but a a lot of my devices won't work on 2g as it won't let them join as it says the password is wrong even though we put the right one in time and time again.  It has been doing this for ages and just keep getting told to reboot the router which I have to do at least 3 times a day or do a factory reset which I have done quite a few times now.  I rang up earlier in the week but just was just told by the automated response that new signals were being sent.  I have a super hub 2.

Any advice as with it being the school holidays and three teenagers at home this is causing a lot of problems in my house!

Thanks

0 Kudos
mancgirl
Tuning in
Message 2 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Re: 5G wifi keeps dropping/2g incorrect password?

Just rang the virgin helpline yet again - absolutely useless!!  Apparently they couldn't do any checks at the moment and I should ring back back at 11pm!

I am convinced there is a problem with our router as hardly any of our devices will connect to 2g as it always says incorrect password but at my friends who has virgin they are fine.  The main pc will connect to 2g through an ethernet cable but not wifi.  So when the 5g drops we are left using our data usage. 

My contract runs out next month so if this isn't sorted I will be leaving.  

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Nicola_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Re: 5G Broadband keeps dropping out

Hello mancgirl

It would be nice to carry out some diagnostic testing on your connection however I am sorry but at the moment I am unable to identify you from the forum details. If you would like us to take a look please would you send me a forum private message (Top right of screen) containing the account name and address.

Thanks so much 

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 20
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello mancgirl

Thank you for your message I have managed to identify you now and carry out some tests 🙂 I have ordered you a new hub3 to try, I use this hub at home and from a personal perspective the wireless seems very stable so fingers crossed for you. Please allow a few days for delivery and follow the accompanying instructions for activation before powering it up, bonne chance!

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
mancgirl
Tuning in
Message 5 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Nicola, hopefully the new hub will resolve the problem.  

Thank you for your help. 

Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 20
Flag for a moderator

You're Welcome, wireless can be such a difficult thing to get right as there can be so many local variables however hopefully the new hub3 will improve things, if you have a moment please update this thread and let us know.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
Greystonesben
Joining in
Message 7 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nicola (or anyone else in the Virgin team)...

Is it possible to also be sent a super hub 3 as I am

having the same issues. My 5Ghz connection drops out frequently and our wifi doesn’t cover the whole house. The room the router is in is fine as is the room directly above it but the rooms next to the router (20 feet away) do not get any WiFi at all.

From doing a lot of reading, it looks like the likely cause is the router not being very good.

I look forward to your response.

Thanks

Ben

0 Kudos
Brazeng
Joining in
Message 8 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi nicola. My TP-link wifi used to radiate throughout the house has failed and the 5g superhub2 signal strength isn't strong enough to replace it. The superhub is located at the rear of the house. What can virgin offer that would provide 5g to the whole house. Its not a mansion, just a 5 bedroom detached home on 2 floors.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Jen_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ben, Apologies for missing your post. Did you manage t...

Hi Ben,

Apologies for missing your post. Did you manage to get this resolved or do you still feel a replacement Hub may be needed?

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Greystonesben
Joining in
Message 10 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hi Ben, Apologies for missing your post. Did you manage t...

Hi Jen,

the 5g signal is still bad throughout the house so if a newer hub will help with this then yes please. Thank you

Ben

0 Kudos