cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G Router availability for failover

bozman74
Tuning in

Have just upgraded to Ultimate Ooomph.  The broadband service recently has been unstable, although currently no issues. With family working from home, I intend to use the Virgin Mobile Sim in a 4G router to get failover capability.  Do VM supply/recommend a 4G router?

Cheers!

4 REPLIES 4

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
They don't, no.

It is something you would need to source yourself.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

Gemmartin
Joining in

did you find a solution to this I've tried the netgear LB2120 and it doesn't see the wan when the Hub3 is in modem mode 

Yes - I ended up installing a firewall with 2 wan ports. 1 goes to the super hub and the other to a 4G TP-Link modem. 

I have the LB2120, it does work to a degree.

To get the pass through wireline to work you have to turn the Hub3 off, turn on the LB2120 then plug it in to the LB2120. 

But!........ 

The Hub3 is buggy as hell, sometimes randomly it will just lose connection for a few mins then will come back again. 

And if you unplug the Hub3 from the LB2120 and plug it back in it won't work again until you repeat the above routine I mentioned at the start, it's like the ports on the Hub3 just die until you reboot it.

I have explained this to "the very helpful and knowledgeable chat and phone team" but they just don't want to know, they've sent an engineer out to swap the router out and suprise suprise it does exactly the same thing. 

I tried the LB2120 on a friend's Sky router for a few weeks and he didn't have one dropout and he tested it and not one issue. 

I asked if I could have a Hub4 to see if the hardware is any better... Nope got to shell out more money for the 1Gig package. Asked if I could have a Hitron.... Nope got to have a business package.... 

Asked if what I have told them could be passed to a higher tech dept? No the buck stops with phone/chat person gatekeeper...

They ALWAYS say we cannot contact the other departments (Ironic that a communications company cannot communicate to their other internal departments...) and tell me to call up again and speak to another department even though you physically cannot speak to anyone who can actually look in to this.

In a nutshell the Hub3 is your problem, will you get anyone to help? Nope...