cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G BROADBAND

martindeakin
Tuning in

Anyone have any experience of 4g broadband?. Three have offered it to me for £17 a month considering it as a back up at the very least to my Virgin. I have a good 4g signal in my area and have successfully tethered multiple devices off my phone this week in a practice run. Ran Netflix off 2 devices and 2 mobiles at the same time with no issues but before i make a decision thought I'd get some advice? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

been running on a Smarty sim for a month [its 3 i think] as my drop cable was damaged and duct is blocked - £18 / month on special offer - should be £20 - monthly deal no contract so a bit more expensive than some - its in a router - signal to mast is OK not great i get about 5 down 7 up and it works - normal browsing is ok - anything graphic intensive is slow to load but it gets there

dont stream so cannot comment - have downloaded a couple of 4gig files and they came ok 

it is sold as unlimited data no idea if theres anything in the small print 

Tony.
Sacked VIP

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

lotharmat
Community elder
If it works - Why not?

Who is the supplier?

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

3 mobile. I was surprised i could stream 2 devices no problem but i only did it for a few hours as a test if you know what i mean.

I think if you want a backup that you know you can trust - and you can afford it; it would be sensible!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Cannot possibly be unlimited? How much data allowance do you get per month?

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Totally Unlimited. I think if you go on there website it's £22 for new customers instead of £17 but it is unlimited. My unlimited phone sim only cost £17.50 a month from 3

been running on a Smarty sim for a month [its 3 i think] as my drop cable was damaged and duct is blocked - £18 / month on special offer - should be £20 - monthly deal no contract so a bit more expensive than some - its in a router - signal to mast is OK not great i get about 5 down 7 up and it works - normal browsing is ok - anything graphic intensive is slow to load but it gets there

dont stream so cannot comment - have downloaded a couple of 4gig files and they came ok 

it is sold as unlimited data no idea if theres anything in the small print 

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Yeah 3/smarty are cheap...but despite what they say I did notice a difference in speed and coverage when I left O2 to save some money....get what you pay for i guess?