cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

45 hours talking to the bot…

Foshiznik
Tuning in

3F70F39C-7C32-44C7-811C-4D3F8245071A.png

I’m not sure what to put here but having spent 45 hours on WhatsApp being passed from one queue to another then the bot then back to someone else who wants to pass me off somewhere else I went to twitter and message the virgin media account who told me to post here. However I’m not being trolled by the bot and am in a constant loop. Has anyone else ever had such bad customer service? I just wanted to know my contract end date (it’s not on my bill or contract just the start date) and to troubleshoot the Wi-Fi signal on my hub 3.0. Nothing complicated. 

15 REPLIES 15

Thank you for all your help. I’m concerned that they will just blame me to make a quick £25 given the way I’ve been treated with trolling and upselling in this process (great service in the forum though!!). That whole idea of charging someone just to fix an issue feels a bit “dodgy mechanic” to me.
I’ll make one last call tomorrow and consider my options. Currently feel like cutting our losses. 

edit: looking at my account page there is no appointment booked so the engineer must have already rejected the visit request. 

Hi Foshiznik,

Sorry you feel this way. We can assure you, if it is a genuine fault, you will not be charged. How have things been with your services since your last post?

We sincerely hope you don't cancel, as we would not like to lose a valued customer.

Please let us know, and we will be happy to assist you further.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Services were good. I know customer services has always been a well known low priority for VM over other IPs but the amount of effort I’ve had to make to get any help has made it perfectly clear that the custom isn’t valued.

I’ve cancelled the engineer to avoid the risk of being charged money to fix it. Money I cannot afford to pay out. Im not an expert hence my attempts to have this fixed, and so we are open to being charged and having no way of proving it was a genuine fault. It’s just not worth the risk now that I’ve confirmed that we are out of contract.

Thank you for your help on here though. This forum has been very helpful in my family’s 15 or so years with you. That chatbot is absolutely awful though. 

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Foshiznik

Thanks for the reply

We'd love to get the issue fixed for you if the fault is ongoing - please do contact us if you require any further assistance.

My apologies for the inconvenience

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thank you. We’ve cancelled after 9 years with VM. Hopefully the final 30 days will be better than the previous 30 days.

Hi @Foshiznik,

That is a shame and we're sorry to see you go.

I do apologise that our services fell short of expected standards. 

All the best with your new provider. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs