cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 week outage

mrsean93
On our wavelength

Hi,

So I just phoned support as i have been having allot of issues since my broadband was installed 2 weeks ago. 

The agent said that there is an outage in my area that is esitmated to be resolved by 28th April! 

Then he said something a bit... odd. He said he is sending me a wifi pod as it is smart it will allow my wifi to work during the outage and to use that instead of my wired connection as it would be more stable. Sorry but that sounds a bit like BS to me.

Surley if wired isnt working wifi with or without the pod would be hopeless. Or am i wrong is that?

11 REPLIES 11

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Its the usual offshore CS BS. But you may be eligible for a "free" Pod anywhere .... Pods are only free to customers on the 1GB, Ultimate Oomph or Volt packages - is that you?

To check re. the known fault it should be reported on either the “check service,”Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level.

See what that reports first

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

I am on a volt package so that explanes the free pod.

Online shows no issues but it does by the phone but it doesnt give an eta for a fix juat that its a complex issue. Just supprised at the date i was given surely it's not normal to have downtime of a month. 

I work from home so this is ultimatly a big issue. I can and have been using my phonw hot spot but i only have 10GB of data whixh i am burning through fairly quickly.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It rather depends on the issue.. and there is no data - other than its complex!  If its like the one below... it could take sometime😎

If you work from home it would be good practice to have  back up in place.  Can you connect to an OR,Sky, BT etc package... for say £20/month ?  Or a 4G/5G service - perhaps on a 30-day contract? Three and Smarty have a 30day 4G unlimited package for ~£20 (or less on a deal). May need a SIM router with a Smarty SIM.

Depends on how important a continuous connection is for your livelyhood and how much you are willing to pay to ensure continuity.

VM Cable being repaired.png

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi,

That does look... complex 😄. My backup is to hotspot and generally i am ok with doing that for short periods but this is almost a months worth just seems a little excessive.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Are you still within the 14 day "cooling off" period after getting activated.... whereby you can cancel the VM contract for no extra cost?

--------------------
John
--------------------

Hey @mrsean93,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.

I'm sorry to hear of your connection issues and the time taken to resolve your area issue, I have looked into this on our system and can see that the area fault has now been resolved.

Are you still having connection issues at the moment?

Regards,

Steven_L

mrsean93
On our wavelength
@Jbrennand - they have agreed to extend my cooling off period whilst they attempt to resolve this so yes... although i havent been given an end date to that period...

@Steven_L - Yes i am, just phoned up and I have another engineer visiting on Monday (apparently that is the earliest because of the bank holiday). He can see an intermittent fault on my service oddly he didn't sound overly optimistic about a fix...

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If the Tech wasnt optimistic... its probably because they still think that there is a bigger issue responsible for the problem... like the one in my photo 😞

--------------------
John
--------------------

Hi mrsean93,

I'm sorry to hear of the ongoing issues with your connection. 

I've had a look at things from our side and can see you have an engineer visit arranged as advised.

Please let us know how this goes 🙂

Alex_Rm