cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 days now without BB

st3v3
Tuning in

I’m seeing outages all over the place over the last few days with VM saying that it’s now been fixed in my area, if this is the case why have I got almost no BB with it being extremely intermittent mostly off?!

this is the third night now and with 1/2 my house being wired to be a smart house most of it doesn’t work, more of a worry is my security cameras.

really fed up with this now having been with NTL/virgin for over 20years I fear our time is up with VM and time to move on!

10 REPLIES 10

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@st3v3 wrote:

I’m seeing outages all over the place over the last few days with VM saying that it’s now been fixed in my area, if this is the case why have I got almost no BB with it being extremely intermittent mostly off?!

this is the third night now and with 1/2 my house being wired to be a smart house most of it doesn’t work, more of a worry is my security cameras.

really fed up with this now having been with NTL/virgin for over 20years I fear our time is up with VM and time to move on!

Are you using the automated service status number 0800 561 0061 to check for any faults in your area (rather than the online service status page)?

Have you reported the issue to VM by phoning in or running the online tests via 'My Virgin Media'?

Been having issues for weeks, should have had an engineer today but they didn’t show up or contact to say they wasn’t coming, and can’t get hold of anyone on website chat, WhatsApp, Twitter, or phone. Defo leaving too, I can’t believe they think this is acceptable 

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@leeopie wrote:

Been having issues for weeks, should have had an engineer today but they didn’t show up or contact to say they wasn’t coming, and can’t get hold of anyone on website chat, WhatsApp, Twitter, or phone. Defo leaving too, I can’t believe they think this is acceptable 

A missed tech visit with less than 24 hours notice of cancellation earns you £29.15.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/automatic-compensation

Yes I have run the on line tests and they are about as accurate as the internet VM offer at the mo!?!?!???

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@st3v3 wrote:

Yes I have run the on line tests and they are about as accurate as the internet VM offer at the mo!?!?!???

What did the automated service status number 0800 561 0061 say? That is supposedly the more reliable reference for a local area?

If VM identifies an area fault, it is common for them to cancel any tech visits (often without telling the customer).

You can wait here for a VM forum team member to reply (usually within a few days) or get back on the phone again to VM.

Legend - thanks Goslow

As said I’ve only done the online test at the mo, 

I gather you’re talking to the other guy re: tech visit as I haven’t booked one.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @st3v3,

I can see you had a tech visit recently, how did this go? 

Is your service looking okay?

Thanks,

Zoie

Yes was fixed, there was an old anti surge suppressor from back in the NTL days that was in place still and playing up.

Should have been taken out maybe a visit or two back as it was so old.