cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2nd WiFi Pod

c_smith
Dialled in

As a Volt customer I received a WiFi pod yesterday to replace my WiFi boosters which had stopped working and it's been great so far.  But I need a second pod to fix the WiFi signal in another part of the house which was extended and which keeps dropping out due to double brick walls.  Could someone please arrange this?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi there @c_smith 

Thank you for popping back to us via the forums, I'd be happy to look into this further with you.

I'll pop you a PM now so we can do so, please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

Thank you. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
I believe you have to wait a week between the 1st and 2nd pods - someoneelse should cpmment.

then, you do have to call in to order them (cant do it online the website is borked) - or try the web-chat or Whatsapp functions (that has worked for some) - or just wait here for a VM person to respond in a day or two and they will sort it for you .

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks.  It's not a problem linked to the first pod though, so waiting a week isn't going to make any difference in that regard.  The first pod replaced the booster that stopped working and was a complete blackspot at the back of the house.  The reason I'm looking for a second is to fix a problem we've had in another area of the house for a while now which always gets "poor" to "fair" reception and regular drop outs.  I'm pretty sure it's because the signal has to go through a double brick wall to reach it.  Occasionally I would have to "borrow" the old booster from downstairs when it got too bad.  I did tell them last week on the phone I would need more than one.

I have three pods and had to wait a week between each one arriving before ordering the next one.

Hi @c_smith

Thanks for posting - we do need to wait a week before ordering the 2nd Pod. Please pop us a post on Sunday and we can assist further with this, or call the team then on 150 / 0345 454 1111 and we'll help further.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Thanks John.  That's now a week since I received the first pod on Saturday 30th July, could you assist in ordering me another as soon as you get a chance?  

Hi there @c_smith 

Thank you for popping back to us via the forums, I'd be happy to look into this further with you.

I'll pop you a PM now so we can do so, please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

Thank you. 

Hi - I know it's been a while but just curious - did VM charge you for the 2nd/3rd wifi pods?

No charge, I just had to wait until 7 days had elapsed from receiving the first one. 

Interesting! I've justed been charged a one off £5.00 installation fee for my 2nd pod (months apart) - not impressed.

Have queried it but without success.

Thanks for your speedy response 🙂