cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2nd Wi-Fi Booster for free on Oomph

CeeYar
Joining in

I spent over an hour over the phone being passed from pillar to post trying to get a second Wi-Fi booster that I am entitled to.  I eventually got one sent to me but the instructions say I need to disconnect the other one and send it back.  I need two to work in different parts of the house so why have I been asked to send one back.  Are they not compatible with each other and do I need to be sent another one - can someone help please?

7 REPLIES 7

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta

Depends what you have currently and what you were sent. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I assume you were sent another, second, Pod similar to the first - and the first is not one of their old "old" boosters - is that correct? Or have you got an old booster and they sent you a Pod?

If 2 Pods - then you keep the first one and just add in the second one in a different location according to what you were sent in the instructions - or on the website.

If the first is an old booster and you were sent a Pod - post back here

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi CeeYar, 

Thanks for your post and a big welcome to the Community. It's great having you on board with us.

I'm sorry to hear about the confusion you've had since receiving your second pod. I'm happy to take a look in to things but I've been unable to locate your account via your forum credentials. I will need to confirm some information with you in order for me to proceed with checks. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi CeeYar, 

Thanks for coming back to me through private message. 

Checking the account I can see you have ethernet power adapter on there. In order to send the Pod, this would need to be removed which is why you've been given instructions on how to return this. 

We can only send one pod at a time so now the first pod has been sent and activated, you can now order a second pod. To do this, call the team on 0345 454 1111 so they can get this sorted. 

If you have any further issues, pop back here and let us know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

My original wifi booster - PG-9072LG-VM and my new wifi booster is Model Number PP01-VM.  Do you know whether they are compatible?

I believe that's a Wifi Pod - so no, they won't be

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

Hi CeeYar, 

Thanks again for sticking with us on this. 

As per gary_dexter, as it stands, the WiFi pods and boosters cannot be used together. 

You will need to return the booster to us. Once this is returned, should you need further pods, the team can order these one at a time for you. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team