Menu
e11woody
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

2nd Wi-Fi Booster for free on Full House - Virgin are refusing

I hope someone can help out there.

I live in a fairly standard terraced house with a loft conversion so it's now got an extra floor. The kitchen sticks out at the back outside of the main house, and at the end of the kitchen is another room which we use as a home office.

19 years ago when NTL installed my fibre, they put it at the very front of the house in the corner of the room.

I've just had a free Wi-Fi Booster delivered and it's amazing. Cleared up the fact we couldn't get Wi-Fi upstairs. However, in the home office, there is still no signal.

I've just spent ages on the phone to someone in India who doesn't understand what a terraced house is. He told me I need to move the booster to the home office room (if I do that, we don't have internet upstairs). He also told me I should have had the fibre installed in a different location (obviously when the fibre was installed I should have foreseen that broadband would even exist and the location was wrong!). He then told me I had to pay £3 a month for it or I need to pay to have the router installed in a different location in the house.

I'm on the Full House bundle. This press release states that I can get THREE boosters for free (I only want a second). 

"Full House and VIP customers can get up to three boosters for free. Other customers will need to pay £3 per month and £2 for an additional booster."

https://www.virginmedia.com/corporate/media-centre/press-releases/virgin-medias-intelligent-wifi-to-...

So even if I had to pay, he's lying as it's £2 per month not £3 anyway. However, for me it should be free.

It seems that the person I spoke to just wanted to charge me money for a second booster, or even to have the fibre reinstalled. So just a money making venture for Virgin Media.

Has anyone else had this problem?

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: 2nd Wi-Fi Booster for free on Full House - Virgin are refusing

The extra boosters are free on the Full House Bundles

0 Kudos
e11woody
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Does anyone know how I can get the second booster for free? As I say, I tried and they are trying to charge me.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi e11woody, 

Thanks for your post and sorry to hear that you're having issues getting a second booster for your property.

I can confirm that you would be eligible for free boosters due to you being on the full house bundle. 

I would be happy to take a look at your account, and see what I can do, so I'll pop you a private message.

Thanks

Melissa

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your time e11woody, and I'm glad we've been able to help get the boosters ordered for you Smiley Happy

Melissa 

0 Kudos