Menu
Highlighted
Benhayez
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

2g WiFi not working

I need help as tech can’t seem to sort it, my 5g WiFi is working great 200mbps but my 2g won’t load anything on the internet so PS4, tv or my alarm won’t work

any suggestions

thanks

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: 2g WiFi not working

Which Hub model do you have?

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Benhayez
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I have the hub 3

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello Benhayez, thank you for your post and sorry to hear you're having some WiFi issues.

Can I please confirm that you're using the 5Ghz WiFi band for devices closer to the Hub and the 2.4Ghz band for devices further away from the Hub? 

Can I also confirm that your Hub is out in the open and at least 1m away from any other electronics as these can interfere with the WiFi signal travelling from the Hub to devices.
We do also advise that when possible anything requiring a stable connection such as gaming and streaming devices are using a wired connection to the Hub. 

I'll include some link to our WiFi Help and Tips page and our WiFi Wins Forum page. 

It may also be worth downloading our Virgin Media Connect App to search for any WiFi black spots in your property.

Hope this helps, Emily.

0 Kudos