cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2g Router Issues

PhilC
On our wavelength

In the last week, the 2g band to my SuperHub 2ac has stopped connecting. Nothing has changed, it just stops working for some reason on phones, tablets and laptops. The 5g and wired connections are all fine, it's just the 2g dropping constantly

Sometimes devices can't even see the 2g SSID, a SuperHub reboot will make it visible again and can be connected to, then all of a sudden it drops again, so I need to find a solution, otherwise the majority of devices can't connect via WIFI

Been with VM a very long time, since they took over from ComCast/NTL World and disappointed that I have not had a router upgrade to one of the newer ones, by default by now

Anyone with any permanent ideas on how to fix this? I cant keep resetting the router multiple times a day, if someone wants to use 2g WIFI. Or how do I get a replacement router sent out to me?

....and I thought NT-Hell were bad......
10 REPLIES 10

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
You could get youe own wireless router with 1Gb ports and put the hub in modem mode.

You may not get a new hub 3 but used.

---------------------------------------------------------------

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
legacy1 is correct (its what I do), but have you called it in as faulty? After all - it seems to be faulty. They have a shortage of new Hubs at the moment so are indeed fitting refurb'ed ones as well at the moment - it will be pot luck - it could be another SH2!

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

PhilC
On our wavelength
Thanks for the reply, but I don't want to be paying for something extra, when I pay VM £70+ a month for a service. If the router is not working, they should be replacing it, not expecting me to pay out for my own router, to fix their issue

PhilC
On our wavelength
thanks, from what I have heard from people with SH3 on the forum, would prefer another 2ac replacement anyway

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Your VM T&C's do say that only connections/speeds TO the Hub are "guaranteed" and wifi ones are not.

That said.... it seems that if all was well previously, then the SH2 is in fact faulty and VM will replace it with whatever they see fit to use - after you call it in as faulty though.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

PhilC
On our wavelength

Issue has now been resolved, I called VM this morning, they checked the line and said there appeared to be an issue, they said they would send a "signal with a patch" to the router to resolve it, it restarted after 15mins and everything that was having an issue on connecting to 2G, is now working again as normal

Hi PhilC,

Thank you for coming back to us with a update, I am glad to hear we were able to fix your issue by sending a update, if we do have any further issues please do not hesitate to let us know?

Kind regards

Paul.

PhilC
On our wavelength

I think I spoke too soon, the problem has started again today.

All wired connected devices are working fine, 5g is working fine, 2g just keeps disconnecting all 2g devices. I have tried these devices at another location and they are connecting fine with no issues, so its not the devices

The patch/update which was initially sent, seems to have worked for a few days. I think this is an issue with the router, as with the wired and 5g working fine, it has to be an issue with the 2g circuitry

How can I get details on replacing the router? The message I got sent from VM to progress the issue, if the patch/update didn't work, just takes me through the router reset process, which I have done already with no joy, and it does not have any links to request a replacement, it just seems to loop through the same things over and over

Sorry to hear the wireless issues on your 2.4Ghz frequency have come back PhilC, I'm going to send you a Private Message to get some more details from you as it looks a technician visit may be required.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Rob