Menu
Awal
Dialled in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

2G WiFi Network Name keeps reverting to default value

Every time my hub3 reboots/reconnects to the network the WiFi Network Name for 2G connections reverts to the default value, whilst the 5G WiFi Network Name remains to my modified version.
It's really annoying!

0 Kudos
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: 2G WiFi Network Name keeps reverting to default value

Hi @Awal,

Thank you for your post. We're here to help.

I am so sorry to hear you're having this issue with your 2G Wi-Fi connection. Is this problem ongoing for you today?

If so, can you please confirm what model of router you have?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Awal
Dialled in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

As I said it only happens when hub reboots/reconnects to the network.

It's a SuperHub3.

This was happening with my old superhub 3 and it was replaced a week ago and the "new" one does the same thing.

Only saving grace the network has only gone down twice since I got the new hub, where as previously it was down several times a day for 5 days on the trot.

Have to say I'm becoming increasingly unimpressed with shoddy gear and service from VM. If anything goes wrong there's no help available. 

0 Kudos
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Awal,

Thank you for clarifying. Have you performed a factory reset yet to see if that helps at all?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Awal
Dialled in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No I haven't done a factory reset and I can't see why I should have to.

It's allegedly a new hub, I've had it for a week, all I've done is change the wifi settings.

Plus any updates the hub has received in that week, would be automatically downloaded and reapplied.

0 Kudos
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Awal,

I appreciate your stance, and I do apologise for the inconvenience. However, if you can perform the factory reset as advised and let us know if that helps at all, we can proceed from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

0 Kudos