cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

200mbps continously dropping to 5-10mbps

daseyuve
Joining in

Hello,

I'm trying my luck here as virgins customer service is actually the worst I have ever had to deal with, it's driving me crazy. I finally got through to them 3 days ago where they were adamant and said they would ''fix everything by sending some signals'', shortly after hanging up. Of course, that didn't work. My problem happens will all devices, my internet drops down to crazy slow speeds very frequently. When it's rarely ''normal'' it averages about 190-210 mbps, which is what i pay for.

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Ignore CS - they just tell you anything to get you off the line if they cant see an obvious issue.

So, are the issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection related?

What Hub model is it and what are the various Hub lights showing/doing when this happens?

Also worth a quick check to see if you are affected by a known fault. As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @daseyuve,

Welcome to the community page, thank you for posting on here.

I am sorry to see that you are having issues with your speeds.

I was unable to locate an account for you using your forums details, can you please tell me if the above information has helped you?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide