Menu
lorenzo620
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

2 conections on the same account or different accounts

Hello to everybody, 

As everyone knows the virgin media broadband is not so great on upload speed , i have virgin media 350.

In order to increase by upload speed i called virgin media to ask if is possible to increase the upload speed and told me that is not possible Smiley Sad although  the docsis 3.1 standard has a maximum speed for up to 10 Gbps down with 1 Gbps upload , according to wikipedia.

I asked about a second line or a second modem on the same account or different account so i can use a multi wan device to load balance the two connections , 2 times the download and upload and again is not possible although on this forum has been mentioned it can be done and saw other topics on other forums about this with photo evidence that is possible.

Any ideas

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: 2 conections on the same account or different accounts

@lorenzo620 wrote:

Hello to everybody, 

As everyone knows the virgin media broadband is not so great on upload speed , i have virgin media 350.

In order to increase by upload speed i called virgin media to ask if is possible to increase the upload speed and told me that is not possible Smiley Sad although  the docsis 3.1 standard has a maximum speed for up to 10 Gbps down with 1 Gbps upload , according to wikipedia.

I asked about a second line or a second modem on the same account or different account so i can use a multi wan device to load balance the two connections , 2 times the download and upload and again is not possible although on this forum has been mentioned it can be done and saw other topics on other forums about this with photo evidence that is possible.

Any ideas

Should be possible (but a PITA) to ask for a "second line" as an additional service.

Might be more advantageous to have a VDSL supplier as your second line, they tend to be less lopsided than VM

For the record, VM's UK network is Docsis3.0, not 3.1. Synchronous 3.1 could give you 1GBps up and down.

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Community elder
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: 2 conections on the same account or different accounts

You can get a second line (and hub) only if Sales agrees to it, and you'll have to pay the full subscription for another broadband connection.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos