cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 SSID'S

thesh8pe
Tuning in

Hi, I just received and installed my new Hub 5. It's all up and running, connected also to 3 powerline boosters. Problem I have is they now show as 2 desperate SSID'S when I search for a WiFi connection. How do I get them to show as the same SSID like I had before?

Thanks.  Frank

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@thesh8pe wrote:

Hi, I just received and installed my new Hub 5. It's all up and running, connected also to 3 powerline boosters. Problem I have is they now show as 2 desperate SSID'S when I search for a WiFi connection. How do I get them to show as the same SSID like I had before?

Thanks.  Frank

The easiest way is to change the SSID and password on the new hub to the ones used on the previous hub.

Alternatively access the control panels of the boosters via their IP addresses and change their SSID to the new hub one.

The first option is by far the easiest.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Have you tried factory resetting the boosters and setting them up from scratch with the new hub and its new SSID?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

I'll try that tomorrow but to be honest any time I've done that before its always been a total nightmare to connect them again. Thanks

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@thesh8pe wrote:

Thanks.  Frank

The easiest way is to change the SSID and password on the new hub to the ones used on the previous hub.

Alternatively access the control panels of the boosters via their IP addresses and change their SSID to the new hub one.

The first option is by far the easiest.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you.

Sorry I'm not the best with computers. I know how to access the control panel of my router. But what do I type to access the boosters control panel? 

Thanks.