cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2.5mbps port disconnecting

squeeky09
Joining in

hi there I don't know if anyone can help at all I am beta testing the new hub 5 router all is ok apart from the 2.5mbps port keep disconnecting for no reason at all I currently have this port running a brand new cat 8 wire and my pc that its connected to is an MSI x570motherboard that's entirely up to date and runs a 2.5mbps LAN port connection also it doesn't matter what I plug into this port weather it's my laptop game console or smart tv I still have problems I have tried to ring virgin several times the first person said my network would be monitored for 24 hours in that 24 hours my connection dropped 19 times then I have tried to follow up the call the next day and the person on the call didn't have a clue what I was on about I tried again earlier today to have no luck 

10 REPLIES 10

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @squeeky09,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first post.

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your 2.5mbps port disconnecting. How long has this issue been ongoing? Have you tried alternative cables to see if the issue persists? Is this the only port with issues?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

This has been ongoing for about a month now I have tried a new lan wire all wires I use bar 1 that is used for my CCTV are cat 8 (all the same cat 8 wire also)the one in my CCTV is a virgin media cat 6 wire but it doesn't matter what I plug into the 2.5 port the connection is intermittent but the 1mbps ports are fine no problems at all 

update your NIC driver
---------------------------------------------------------------

all drivers are up 2 date which I explained in my first post there has to be a problem with the port as it doesn't matter what I plug into that port I have the same problem 

Faulty it is then.
---------------------------------------------------------------

how do i get virgin media to sort this then when every time I ring the person on the phone doesn't have a clue what I am talking about 

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi squeeky09,

Sorry to see you're still having an issue with this.

I've had a look at our side and can see the hubs levels are out of specification. I'll need to arrange an engineer for this. Before doing so I'll need to confirm a few details with you, I've popped you over a private message (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

Thanks for joining me over private message squeeky09 🙂

I've arranged an engineer visit for you, you can view the time and date of your appointment via your online account here

Alex_Rm

that appointment is perfect thank you means a lot