cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2.4ghz not working 5ghz is on Hub4

garysully1986
Joining in

Hi guys, I have my Hub4 for the last year and twice now I've lost internet connection to 2.4ghz network, my 5ghz is fine but none of my smart devices work on that frequency. Last time I did a factory reset and that solved the issue, I've done that again today and it didn't work. I've changed the SSID and that did not help either. Is there a solution for this issue?

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Call it in as a fault and see if they will swap the Hub for a new one - if its faulty.

May be one of the many firmware glitches that plague VM hubs. In which case I would suggest taking the issue out of VM's hands and get your own better quality router and wireless equipment.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi garysully1986

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting.

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your Hub 4, I appreciate this must be frustrating. 

I am unable to access your account to see if you have been able to speak to a member of the team so if you could please let us know if you have made any progress, we would be happy to assist further. 

Thanks

Nat