cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2.4ghz and 5ghz

Merman23
Joining in

Hi there, so a while back we renamed our connection options on our hub 3 so we could identify the 2.4ghz and 5ghz connections. Recently our wi fi has been terrible and now noticed that the 5ghz option has disappeared. Any suggestions greatly appreciated 

5 REPLIES 5

g0akc
Problem sorter

Recheck the settings - see If they’ve reverted to the default 

has the name of the 2.4GHz changed?

reapply the changes 

on the other hand, are all devices connected and working okay?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Make sure you turn off smart/intelligent WiFi, seems to fix this type of problem.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Thanks for that. The names haven't reverted to default as the 2.4ghz connection still has the name I gave it but the 5ghz seems to have vanished.

Thanks for this, how do I turn off smart/intelligent WiFi

Try following the guidance in this previous thread 

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Forum-Archive/Should-turn-off-Smart-WiFi-Optimisation/td-p/4595...

there are pro and cons.  In many cases the smart WiFi will optimise the connection.  In some places it doesn’t.  See what’s best for you 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!