cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2.4Ghz suddenly not working on hub 4

rachsedman
Joining in

Last week I went to bed on Tuesday night with perfectly working WiFi, yet when I got up on Wednesday morning a lot of my devices could no longer connect to the WiFi. 

After logging into my Hub 4 router, it seems that the option for 2.5Ghz has been turned off and despite me reactivating it and updating the settlings, it immediately switches off again. 

Several phone calls to Virgin have resulted in me being told a support ticket has been opened, yet no one gets back to me and the issue remains unresolved. 

From what I've read it seems to be an incredibly common issue - has anyone managed to resolve it? 

2 REPLIES 2

Client62
Hero

Are we seeing a new VM WiFi policy where some Hubs have been instructed to disable 2.4Ghz WiFi ?

It would explain why there are so many recent posts about being unable to connect a wide range of 802.11n devices to Hubs (3/4/5).

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi rachsedman,

Thanks for your post, and a warm welcome to the Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're seeing some problems with your 2.4GHz network de-activating throughout the night. Just to confirm, are you still experiencing problems re-activating this frequency?

Have you also made any additional changes to your Hub, or made any adjustments to your network setup through the Hub Settings page?

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ