cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2.4 bandwidth

Swinney30
On our wavelength

I have recently joined virgin for broadband and have the hub 4, my 2.4 bandwidth has disappeared and I was wondering if anyone has had this problem or know how to fix the issue 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Swinney30
On our wavelength

Unfortunately been through all that with your colleague and couldn't even get the pod to work it was on to the tech team and reset everything and now I've put it but to split as its about the best I can have it and it will just have to be hit and miss, to be honest Ive had enough of reseting and trying everything again and again, the pod doesn't work the 2.4 is intermittent and as I said there only so many times I can reset it, il have to leave it as it is and hope it works as well as it can, the pod has never worked I spent over half day on and off to your colleague last week and they couldbt get it working and the tech team couldn't so it's collecting dust in a drawer now, and I've set up the o2 as well which has turned out to be a waste of time as the pods are part of that and don't work 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

37 REPLIES 37

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta

What do you mean the “bandwidth” has disappeared?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

I have split the bandwidth so I have vm5 and vm2. 4, after a few hours the 2.4 has disappeared when I search for the vm2. 4 channel, the 5 works fine but I can't find the 2.4 that I run my door bell off 

You don't mean bandwidth at all.

Do you mean you cannot see your 2.4Ghz WiFi listed in available networks? How and on what device are you checking?

Yes sorry, when I check on my mobile it doesn't appear on the list and I've signed security cameras to up and they keep failing as the 2.4 has failed, I can only see 5 on the list of Internet providers available 

Yes I mean only 5 appears on the available networks not 2.4 

Have you checked with at least 1 device that the 2.4GHz WiFi signal is not visible?
Have you checked with a WiFi Analyser app? You haven't accidentally marked it as a hidden network?

You might have to factory reset the hub and try setting it up again. Find a pin and hold the factory reset button down for ~30 seconds, until you see the LED(s) on the front of the hub start to flash.

Try a factory reset 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

Hi, ive done a reset as virgin advised as well, it showed on the network and the cameras worked and within about 3 minutes the network drops and 2.4 disappeared from the list, it's so frustrating 

Your best bet is likely to be getting your own good wireless router or mesh system. Use the VM hub in modem mode.

There are loads of reports of such buggy operation on the VM hubs, particularly with the Hub 4 and ‘smart’.

Save yourself the stress and hassle….

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!