Menu
andrewkp
Dialled in
Message 21 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Re: 2.4 Ghz cannot get IP address - need it for Ring 2 doorbell and Canary camera

There is a post in the community about the issue, I'm just paraphrasing from that post. 

The ring 2 doesn't support wpa2 but only wpa1.  The solution was the setup the guest network which allows wpa1 and connect the ring 2 to that network. 

0 Kudos
sophiestree
Joining in
Message 22 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Re: 2.4 Ghz cannot get IP address - need it for Ring 2 doorbell and Canary camera

Hi.

Thanks for the reply.

How do I do that? It was greyed out when I was on the hub site.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 23 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Just updating the  thread- 

Whilst checking the hub and going through a health check the system has detected a short term period of network instability. that requires a technician visit.

I've arranged this, if in the meantime sophiestree if you can follow the advise of andrewkp and advise if this helps.

Thanks, 

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 24 of 24
Flag for a moderator

@andrewkp wrote:

There is a post in the community about the issue, I'm just paraphrasing from that post. 

The ring 2 doesn't support wpa2 but only wpa1.  The solution was the setup the guest network which allows wpa1 and connect the ring 2 to that network. 

FYI
2019-09-19.jpeg
source: Ring's General FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions