Menu
Roger_Gooner
Superstar
Message 11 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Re: 2.4 Ghz cannot get IP address - need it for Ring 2 doorbell and Canary camera

The problem with having a fixed IP address is that most people won't understand this, and there is still the issue of a weak 2.4GHz WiFi connection which may persist even if you get your own router.

A better - but much more expensive - option is the Video Doorbell Elite which supports Ethernet, and it's PoE as well.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
sophiestree
Joining in
Message 12 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Re: 2.4 Ghz cannot get IP address - need it for Ring 2 doorbell and Canary camera

Wow! I just looked those doorbells up, they are £450.... 3 times as much, which I certainly couldn't afford. 

I'm puzzled, from what I have looked up everywhere,  why,  if everyone knows it is the Hub 3 router that has the issues,  why it is not replaced? I pay a lot of money for a fast broadband speed and it now keeps dropping out, stops for a day or even two and now this. 

How is that ok? 

It also seems a decent router, if I were to do what a previous person suggested from Virgin,  is about £180.

0 Kudos
sophiestree
Joining in
Message 13 of 24
Flag for a moderator

has this been reported as solved?

I don't feel I have a solution at all

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 14 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Hi sophiestree, 

Can you please confirm if you've performed a pin hole reset as previously mentioned?

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
sophiestree
Joining in
Message 15 of 24
Flag for a moderator

I did, exactly that

And now the internet constantly drops out. It is even worse than it was before

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 16 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for confirming,

Is it just these two devices that are struggling to connect to the WiFi?

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
sophiestree
Joining in
Message 17 of 24
Flag for a moderator

No, now I have done the pin reset - everything is dropping out - on my phone, on my laptop, on NowTV

It has become untenable.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 18 of 24
Flag for a moderator

I'm not able to locate any details for you sophiestree in order to run a health check on your account,

I've popped you over a private message so I can get a few more details from you.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 19 of 24
Flag for a moderator

A health check for a wireless issue should be interesting...

0 Kudos
griffin
Alessandro Volta
Message 20 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Who said they were doing a wireless health check?
Wouldn't it be prudent to check the local circuit as "every thing is dropping out"

0 Kudos