Menu
sophiestree
Joining in
Message 1 of 24
Flag for a moderator

2.4 Ghz cannot get IP address - need it for Ring 2 doorbell and Canary camera

Hi

I hope someone can help me.  I have a superhub 3 and everything was working fine with both my doorbell and security camera, but there have been upgrades in the road and clearly something has changed and I can no longer connect either of them to my wifi

I have split the connections to 5 Ghz and 2.4 Ghz, but still can't connect my doorbell to the 2.4 Ghz as my wifi list says that it couldn't get IP address.

Can anyone help me at all.  Please be aware, I know a little techhie stuff, but I am nowhere near your standards and so an idiots guide of what I could do would be amazing.

I feel quite vulnerable now they are both not working as I am widowed and live on my own.

Thank you very much in advance.  Really hoping someone out there can help me with this.

0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Re: 2.4 Ghz cannot get IP address - need it for Ring 2 doorbell and Canary camera

Likely a update to the hub broke things so you may have to get your own wireless router with 1Gb ports and use the hub in modem mode.

0 Kudos
sophiestree
Joining in
Message 3 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Re: 2.4 Ghz cannot get IP address - need it for Ring 2 doorbell and Canary camera

Hi

Thanks for the reply - I was hoping there was something I could do on the set up.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Hello sophiestree,

This might help 

Can you try a pin hole reset on the hub then split the connections again like you did previously 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
sophiestree
Joining in
Message 5 of 24
Flag for a moderator

I will try that, thank you

Does that mean it reverts back to the original password?

So I have to re-sign in online to access the settings online?

I'm just nervous about getting myself in a pickle I won't know how to get out of?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 24
Flag for a moderator

It does yes sophiestree, 

If you feel that would be too, much of a pickle 

It might be best following @legacy1 advice 

Purchasing a 3rd party router

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
sophiestree
Joining in
Message 7 of 24
Flag for a moderator

I can try!!!!

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
sophiestree
Joining in
Message 8 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Well, I have got the Ring doorbell working which is a huge bonus

Still struggling with the Canary, but hey, you can't have everything!

Thanks for your help

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tudor
Hero
Message 9 of 24
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

It seems totally irresponsible to me that VM staff are suggesting that the OP buys a router to fix a problem essentially with their system. There are various options available and VM staff should not be biased one way or the other.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 24
Flag for a moderator

I wonder if using reserved or fixed IP addresses might help resolve these issues; the latter (preferred option) would remove DHCP as a possible point of failure.

0 Kudos