cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1GB connection not working upstairs.

Jonleda
On our wavelength

So, we have the new virgin Gig1 and yes it is great if I sit near the router but as soon as I dare to venture upstairs no connection at all. This is ridiculous. I live in a fairly modern house so surely I should be able to get a signal upstairs for goodness sake. I am paying a lot of money each month for service to my lounge and hallway. I had a better signal on a lower package.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
WiFi be WiFi VM WiFi not the best and even with a better WiFi don't expect to get 1Gb so you could ask for VM wondaful pods or get a better router and use hub in modem mode.
---------------------------------------------------------------

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
WiFi be WiFi VM WiFi not the best and even with a better WiFi don't expect to get 1Gb so you could ask for VM wondaful pods or get a better router and use hub in modem mode.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Jonleda
On our wavelength

Not after the 1Gig, speed is okay its the actual ability to use it upstairs.

Hi Jonleda,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having with your broadband service. 

I have taken a look on our side and it is showing that there is an issue reported in your area. 

It is an SNR issue. The fault reference number is: F010014224. The current estimated fix date is: 02 NOV 2022 15:15.

^Martin

Jonleda
On our wavelength
Sadly this has been like this for months. I am not impressed

Hi Jonleda, thanks for the message and welcome back to the forums. 

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with the service and this is not the experience which we want you to have with us. Can you confirm if you have the pod plugged into the mains or an extention lead and the location of the pod please? 

Chris. 

Jonleda
On our wavelength

Have not got the Pod yet. Waiting for it. 

Hey @Jonleda,

Has the WiFi pod that you ordered been delivered to you yet? If you have the pod, has it improved your services at all? 

Kind Regards,

Steven_L