cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1GB/SH4 issues

mrAlic76
Tuning in

For some very odd reason I'm seeing two issues. 

1. speeds from SH4 are terrible. I've tested both Mac & windows laptop, i receive fluctuating speeds between 300-600 mbps (tested using SamKnows) whilst each device is on ethernet on it's own with no other devices connected via ethernet or wifi, tested the devices and cables on a friends 1gb VM connection and they receive pretty much the max speed (960). My own router (AX6100 = 2 * AX92u) also shows the same behaviour when using it's inbuilt speed test. 

2. The SH4 seems to be randomly rebooting itself, and putting itself back into router mode, I note that when this happens the assigned public IP address changes ?

I've had these issues since installation, looking for anyone else who has experienced similar?

20 REPLIES 20

Hi, 

either the router itself with the sh4 in modem mode 

or 

a Mac/windows laptop connected to the sh4 in router mode by Ethernet with no other devices connected (wired or wireless)

laptops/cables have been tested on a friends sh4 1gb service running in router mode with no issues 

Hi mrAlic76,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

Sorry to hear you've had some issues with your connection, I've been able to locate your account using your forum details and can see you've managed to speak to us already regarding this.

If you do still need help with anything please let us know.

Alex_Rm

Hi, Yes, thanks for the response, I have an engineer coming today who will hopefully be able to isolate the issue. 

Best wishes, 

Hi mrAlic76, 

Thanks for letting us know. I'm assuming the engineer has been now and since there has been no further update, I'm hoping this means things are resolved for you. 

If this isn't the case, post back here so we can provide some further help. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

It is most defiantly not your asus router being incapable.

I have found however that the flaky HUBs dont like some of the DHCP query frequency settings in the asus settings.

Default is 'Aggressive mode'

You could try normal mode to take a little strain off the hub4.

I doubt thats what is causing this problem but it may help overall.

If you visit doesn't bring you any joy you can always copy and paste the hubs stats here and we can take a good look for ya.

speeds have improved, however i still can see massive fluctuations in speeds quite frequently.

The engineer did mention that this isn't the first time he has seen this behaviour before.(PS the engineer was incredibly helpful & a real credit to VM)

Based on the engineers comments, Im amazed that he's not allowed to either issue a SH5 or at least test with a SH5

Unless you want to beta test a even more broken lump of firmware you should count yourself lucky he didn't give you a hub5.

Hi mrAlic76

From looking at your connection and equipment there does seem to be some power level issues and error's logged, given that the Hub was rebooted fairly recently this will need another visit I'm afraid. I will send you a Private Message to get some details from you to arrange this.

Rob

Hi Rob,

Apologies for the delay in response & thank you for the DM, Hopefully this can be resolved by another eng visit.

Thanks for confirming the requested details mrAlic76, I have arranged for another visit the details of which you can find here

There will be no charge for this visit unless:

• The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment
  • The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
  • The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.

If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment. Please let us know how the visit goes.

Rob