cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1GB/SH4 issues

mrAlic76
Tuning in

For some very odd reason I'm seeing two issues. 

1. speeds from SH4 are terrible. I've tested both Mac & windows laptop, i receive fluctuating speeds between 300-600 mbps (tested using SamKnows) whilst each device is on ethernet on it's own with no other devices connected via ethernet or wifi, tested the devices and cables on a friends 1gb VM connection and they receive pretty much the max speed (960). My own router (AX6100 = 2 * AX92u) also shows the same behaviour when using it's inbuilt speed test. 

2. The SH4 seems to be randomly rebooting itself, and putting itself back into router mode, I note that when this happens the assigned public IP address changes ?

I've had these issues since installation, looking for anyone else who has experienced similar?

20 REPLIES 20

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta

The ASUS routers do not have enough CPU power to run a Speedtest for anything over 500Mbps.

Im assuming your VM hub is in Modem Mode and not still in Router Mode?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

Not that I don’t believe you but do you have any documentation for that ?  

@mrAlic76 wrote:

Not that I don’t believe you but do you have any documentation for that ?  

That likely explains the slow speeds then. 

See here: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-hub-modem-mode

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.

@gary_dexter wrote:

The ASUS routers do not have enough CPU power to run a Speedtest for anything over 500Mbps.

@carl_pearce wrote:

@gary_dexter wrote:

The lower spec routers can’t do that. Check SNBForums for confirmation 

@gary_dexter wrote:

@carl_pearce wrote:

@gary_dexter wrote:

The lower spec routers can’t do that. Check SNBForums for confirmation 

I was responding to your generic comment on ASUS routers!

So, to clarify the laptops connected individually via ethernet also display the same behaviour when the SH4 is in router mode 300 -550 speeds fl same laptops, cables etc on a friends 1gb VM connection have no issues.

When testing my own AX92U equipment the SH4 was in modem mode.

bqm.jpg

Here's my BQM for the past 24hrs (ish)

What device are you Speedtesting from?