cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

18 month contract

Geo2211
Tuning in
  • Can someone help me. 18 months ago I started a contract at £24 a month.  with minimum period 18 months before it turned to £51 there on after  . I moved two adresses since then and it was hassle Gettin the contract moved. Each time I moved house  they renewed the contract to start again at 18 months while some how upping the prices. Long story short I’ve now been paying £29 a month and where as my original contract should be coming to an end in a few weeks I have now been forced into having to pay £54 a month there on after because the minimum period date has changed from March 27 2023 to 8th February 2024. Basically they have changed the contracts and not the dates where I can get out. Sadly I won’t be paying this if it can’t be fixed and will be cancelling at the end of the month. More annoyed it’s going to ruin my credit score as I have been a good customer with Virgin for many years. Can this be solved before I need to cancel my direct debits ? Thanks. 
3 REPLIES 3

alphaomega16
Up to speed

Im confused, they are trying to charge you out of contract prices whilst still in contract? If this is the case this is an error on their end and if they don't rectify or let you leave id seek legal action against them if they try and force the out of contract price on you if that is indeed the case.

Hi. No it did say prixe will go up after 18 month. But said o can leave after 18 months minimum 

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Geo2211,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your contract after moving home, if you moved home during your contract and didn't change any aspect of the package other than your address, your contract should have remained the same and at the same price of £24. I have looked into this and can see that you have been placed onto a new contract at a higher price after your home move, you haven't been moved to an out of contract price. I'm sorry that this has happened as you should have remained on the original contract with the original term. 

I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L