cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

12 days after order STILL NO ROUTER DELIVERED

ekkhhc
Joining in

I moved to a new address and 6 Feb 2023 I ordered a Virgin media broadband and was supposed to get it by 8 February. By the 8th I had not heard anything so I called Virgin media and apparently my order did not go through because the previous tenant did not cancel their account. After talking to three different people I finally found someone who could help me and we placed another order. They told me I’ll get my router by Friday 10 February. 

It is now the 18th of February 2023 and I still haven’t received my router. I have called Virgin media multiple times and apparently the router was delivered on Friday 10 February - but to a neighbour. I NEVER heard anything from any delivery company or received a tracking link, code, nothing. Now I have asked every single person living in my building as well as the neighbouring buildings and nobody has it. It has been extremely stressful and caused me lots of anxiety, not to mention forcing me to use expensive mobile data in my flat (the reception in this building is so bad that only my EU sim card works and has costed now over 500€ for the use of mobile data for 7.-18.2.2023). 

The only thing I HAVE received is an O2 SIM card which I never wanted, as apparently I was sold an  18 month contract for them when I only wanted my Virgin Media broadband. 

Can you please help me: 

1) GET MY ROUTER ASAP!!!!!!!!

2) Cancel the O2 SIM card which I never wanted to pay for (the guy on the phone made it seem like it would be included in the price of the broadband but it’s £12 a month).

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @ekkhhc 

You could try calling the pre-installs team on 0800 052 1734. 

They are open  8:00am to 9:00pm  Monday to Friday, and 8:00am to 6:00pm Saturday and Sunday

They should be able to liaise with the courier that delivered your hub to a different address and chase it up, this can possibly take a few more days as it will need to be investigated.

Regarding the O2 sim, you could speak to sales and see if they can amend the original order.

You do have a 14 day cooling off period so it may be a good idea to cancel the original contract if you aren't getting further with the package change and hub delivery, and then either re-order or go with a new provider.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @ekkhhc 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry to hear that you have faced this issue with your install and a big thank you to our community members for their advise on this so far. 

Have you reached out to the preinstalls teams at all? If so what have they recommended?